Chapter 33

by - August 28, 2019


Today is an anniversary for me. “Land & Sky” came out one year ago today. (insert party emoji here)  It seems like it only takes about six months for a year to actually cycle, so it came up quick and I forgot to remember. But, now I remember, and it’s so sweet to think back on getting through the writing, the editing, the launching, the celebrating.  Won’t God do everything He asks of us? I hope at least one of you can say "amen."

Some of you have shared with me how my story encouraged you to be brave, or step out in faith, or consider where God has been leading, or is leading you to, or through.  He is the big common denominator for all of us.  He IS. And He is at work.  He gave me the help needed, the time needed, and the method needed even in the midst of all of my objections or fear of rejections. I wondered – Will this be laughed at? Will this be small?  Will this be big?  Will only my people read it?  Will millions of people read it?  Will it get me fired or hired? Is it too vulnerable? Is it not vulnerable enough?  Once I laid down all of those questions and just started to do what He had been whispering for me to do, then, it came together.

One thing I have learned is we don’t have to worry about what God will do with our offering.  Once we give it to him, it’s his. Big or small.  He will send the sun and the rain to make it grow however He wills.  Such freedom to just say yes. I’m thankful for what He has done with this little book.  If you’ve read it, thank you. If you’ve shared it, thank you. If you’ve reviewed it, thank you. 

While the launch of the book was coming together, I was in early discussions about taking a different position with the ministry I work for.  Things were getting clear and the road to Texas was opening up again.  Lord, I literally just wrote a book with a chapter called ‘Home Sweet ‘Homa’ giving you praise for letting me move back home, and now you are calling me back to Texas?” He was, and I did. 

I had actually, and literally, just written a book about saying yes to the Lord and how He is at work in our lives and how we can follow His lead, trusting that He is good.  So, I shed a few tears and began packing up my house and putting it on the market. In February, I moved back down here to Texas.  Big Sky Texas.  I’m settled in, and I continue to love the work He has called me to. No regrets. Only thankfulness.

He let me have home and some sit still time to pull the last few years and blogs and plans together into one place and testify to His faithfulness. Then, He brought me back down here to live what is in store next. It was tender, but I wasn’t dragging my feet this time, and my yes is a lot stronger than it used to be. 

Did you read His story in this book?  Has He whispered anything to you?

I hope so.

And, I hope you have had the courage to

step out or

rise up or

let go

or hold on

as He has led you.

He is faithful.

Believe and See. 

I am, all over again.


You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. Loved this book!!! I took the plunge God was dealing with me on. Came home, homeschooling my kids, working remotely and trusting God. And, of course, I blog about it some, because that’s what writers do!

    Love you sister in the faith! Thanks for being so faithful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is awesome, Elisa! I'm so glad you were encouraged by this story of His faithfulness! I hope your work and school are going well. Thanks so much for connecting!! Love and prayers for you and your family today. :)

      Delete