Choosing Confidence

by - September 12, 2012

So, Monday morning I woke up at 4:50am thinking of India.  Let's go ahead and call it stressing about India.  Not a full on panic about India, but certainly stress inducing thoughts like...

"I don't even know how to go to India."
                  "I don't know why I am the one going to India."
       "Have I been wrong about going to India? I'm not feeling peace?" 
"Why do I have to go to India alone?  Are You sure You're taking care of me?"
                            "I hate when I wake up before my alarm goes off."

Here is the letter my fearful heart wanted to write him:  "Dear God, I regret to inform you of your recent error in opening this door and allowing the appearance that possibly I should walk through it.  There has been some kind of miscommunication. Please find the attached list of all the things I am comfortable and confident in doing for you."  It is a wonder He continues to allow me to speak His Name. At some point, I have got to switch from operating out of my own confidence and working out of his.

So, I got out of bed.  Got my coffee.  And read his letter to me:




       I hope you can read that, but if you can't, it is the September 10th devotion in Jesus Calling.
"As I assured Jacob..." Genesis 28: 15

Ok. We are going to India.  I'm going to hush.  And we are going to India. I'm going to let you get me there.  I'm going to show and share your love because people are hurting, and you are the answer.  Thank you for letting me go, and for quieting me with your love.  Thank you that you don't require perfection. Thank you that you just want a heart and feet that will go.  My heart is yours, and my feet are willing. 

So, I'm convicted to turn over a new leaf.  Not a new leaf of hushing.  My new leaf is going to be Confidence.  Sounds easy. :)  Confidence in Him.  Not constantly wishing to feel confident in what I'm doing, but choosing to be confident in what He is doing.  Choosing Confidence.  I'm going to choose to act on Faith, which is a gift from Him to begin with. He is the beginning and the end.  I want my story to be  "By faith, Haley...." Not:  "Haley settled for her own strength, her own wisdom, her own comfort." Or, "Haley, demanding her will for her life, missed out on His."  So, I'm going to India.  If you pray for me, pray I choose confidence in Him, over certainty of my weakness. Confidence that my Anchor will hold, because it will, always and anywhere.  Let's just go ahead and put this verse right here again:  2 Corinthians 12:9. 

Trip Details:

November 7th through November 14th. 
DFW to Dubai, 10 hour layover, then to Hyderabad, India. 
Then Back Again...

- Saturday, November 10th:  All day training event with pastor's and their wives and lay counselors working with believers in India.  Loving, encouraging and equipping them in their current ministries, and showing them how to use HFTH Biblical Counseling resources in their counseling and discipling in their communities.  
- Sunday, November 11th: Attend church with Rev. Dr. Christopher and Hepsi David, introduced in a previous blog through their ministry letters.  Meet with a select few to discuss how to use the resources in small group settings. 
- Monday, November 12:  Host a luncheon to introduce Hope For The Heart resources to those doing and teaching christian counseling in Hyderabad/Secunderabad.

Thanks to the vision of Hope For The Heart's International Ministry they will be funding the majority of the costs, so the attendees in India are able to come, and so that I am able to go.

However, I will be joining them in paying for my personal stay (which will be the same Hotel as all the events we are holding), costs associated with travel (my visa, etc), and for my expenses in country. I know this is the mission that God was intending when I shared with you about knowing a trip was coming up in a blog earlier in the year.  This was it all along. I'm going to India. Confidently.

If you would like to be a part of what God is doing through this trip and feel led to give you may do so via credit card and the "Donate" button on the upper right hand side of my blog.  You may also send a tax deductible donation by check.  Make the check payable to Hope For The Heart with "Haley Scully - Mission to India" in the memo line and send to:

Hope For The Heart
Attn:  Haley Scully
2001 W. Plano Parkway
Suite 1000
Plano, TX 75075

All donations will go to this trip specifically, and any leftover will go to Hope For The Heart International Ministry.  You can read more about what we are doing here:  http://www.hopefortheheart.org/ministries/international-ministry/

Sincerely and as always...thank you for reading, thank you for praying, and thank you for donating if you feel led.

Love,
Haley









You May Also Like

0 comments